All that being said, here's my list of ideas, wishes, hopes and dreams. If I'm feeling generous with myself, I'll revisit this list at the end of the year and see what I've accomplished!
Side note: Many thanks to my fellow blogger and friend, Misty, for this idea. I'm not as aggressive and motivated as her however, so I'll try to keep my list short. I've also broken down my list into sub-categories, which will be easier for me to track and then hopefully attain my goals!
On a Personal Note
- Continue my weight loss journey. I'm down 10 lbs since October, and I'm gearing up to lose another 10 lbs. in the next 2 months. Goal: a svelte, new me + oodles of energy.
- Also continue my debt reduction journey. This one's harder, but I HAVE made progress since I began this trip in early 2011. I remind myself daily that I want the peace of mind this completed journey will bring me.
- Return to my photo-snapping self. This entails learning more about my camera, utilizing what I learn, and doing more with the resulting photos -- for example, sending some of my top photos to Kansas magazine.
- Blog redesign. This one is essential for many reasons.
- 5 year anniversary trip to Hawaii in March. When we married in 2008, we said we would take this trip. We've never vacationed together so this will be an epic event for both of us!
- At least 2 trips to Ohio to see my granddaughter, Leah, and my son and daughter-in-law.
- A trip to California (San Francisco and north CA) to see my sister, brother and mother.
- Reaching out there on this one..... a return trip to Yellowstone. I haven't been there in over 10 years. Yellowstone touched me deeply and I visited 3 or 4 times in my younger days. I would love to visit again with my husband. Sending a shout-out and thanks to Misty for reminding me of my love for Yellowstone!
House/Property Renovation Goals
- Finish trim work in kitchen, and begin living room renovation. That's all I'm going to hope to accomplish over the next year, because it takes us a L.O.N.G. time to get these things done, since we both work mucho days at our jobs.
- Purchase panels for round pen, so we can work with our horses more. Getting Paintboy more refined and back under saddle and also getting ME back in that saddle would be the best ever. I would love to go on a trail ride with my hubby someday!!
Long Range Dreams
(which could change with a slight breeze... these are truly DREAMS)
- Australian Shepherd Rescue, dedicated to Tori Mae's memory. This one would require LOTS of thought, research and discussion. But we have the room (27 acres) to do something like this, and we both think it would be really, really, REALLY cool.
- Add a full bathroom onto our house, with a real, genuine bathtub. Oh, how I miss my bath! (We only have a shower.)
- While we're adding that bathroom, let's go ahead and add a wrap-around porch, and a limestone patio on the east side -- a divine spot to sit with a cup of joe and watch the glorious Kansas sunrise.
How about you?
Is there anything you're thinking of changing up in 2013?