The black and white cat is Baybee, a feral kitten I rescued in Ohio many, many years ago. She's a senior kitty now.
I think y'all know the white cat -- CiCi aka Seesers who I rescued off the side of a Kansas country road about 2 years ago. She's always finding trouble.
Lately Seesers has decided that she much prefers Baybee's cat house to her own. Imagine my surprise to find them BOTH in Baybee's cat house a few days ago! Baybee was tolerable this particular day, but the next day I watched her cat-swat CiCi right out of her house. :-)
I didn't think we'd be able to integrate the two cats but over the course of the last year, they've learned how to co-exist in a fairly civil fashion. The best part about pairing a young kitty with an older cat is that it provides both cats with exercise. And it provides us humans with entertainment also, especially when the two of them play hide and seek.
Aside from watching the kitties play, I have been busy with a myriad of other endeavors. Here's a small list....
- making my own yogurt at home (it's the best, and SO easy!)
- making freezer strawberry jam this year, in addition to regular canned jam
- making fried onion strings with fresh onions from our garden
- making fresh chicken dog food for Tori, who has developed some sensitivities
- tearing apart the guest bedroom to create a studio for me
- renewing my Ebay commitment and listing/selling more items
- attempting to create a new, fresh website which will house my blog
- fixing an occasional mint mojito with fresh mint from the garden when the above mentioned website set-up doesn't work quite right....
So, what have you been up to this oh-so-hot summer??